Friday, June 12, 2009

Letter D

There was surprisingly less for letter D than I thought there would be...especially foods. And I thought it was funny that my kids called it "D-Day" all day long. We didn't do as much as we could/should because we had several other activities scheduled this day, including my daughter's birthday.

Foods we ate:

Donuts

Del Taco

Other food ideas:

Ding Dongs

Dill pickles

Denny's

Duck

Activities we did:

Did printable activites (from the links HERE)

Preschooler practiced writing upper & lowercase D

2nd grader wrote & illustrated a paragraph about his Dad

Dinosaur craft (instructions & template HERE) - my recommendation would be to do them on cardboard. We just did cardstock paper and they are VERY flimsy.

Played Diego dominoes

Played Diego card game

Dot to dots

Did the dishes (me)

Other topics/outings:

Drums

Dolphins

Dogs

Donkey

Duck

Dragon

Museum of Natural History (to see dinosaur exhibits)

D movies:

DragonTales

Dora the Explorer

Diego

Dumbo

Dinosaur (the movie)

101 Dalmations

No comments: